Musicianship Grade 4 Resources
Recommended recordings, suggested listening and extra reading
Grade 4 introduces the composers Bach, Handel and Purcell, and a study of Bach’s Keyboard Suites. These include chamber music, lieder and British art song. These are some resources to help you with your study.
Resources for Musicianship Grade 4
Set Works: Bach’s Keyboard Suites: Recommended Recordings
- Bach: Six French Suites, Angela Hewitt, Hyperion, 1995
- Bach: Six English Suites, Angela Hewitt, Hyperion, 2003
- Bach: Six Partitas for Keyboard, Angela Hewitt, Hyperion, 1997
- The Very Best of Bach, Capella Istropolitana, Naxos, 2005
- The Best of Handel, Capella Istropolitana, Naxos, 1997
- The Classical Guide to Purcell, Chanticleer et al, Warner, 2010
YouTube Videos: Bach's Keyboard Suites
Listen to Andras Schiff perform Bach's French and English Suites and Partitas
About Susan Deas
Susan Deas is a professional musician, lecturer and teacher. She has been teaching piano for over twenty years, and her students learn both classical and contemporary styles, including playing by ear and improvisation. Susan also gives professional development workshops and lessons to private music teachers. She performs professionally as a pianist and organist, and lectures in music theory and music appreciation for Sydney University’s Centre for Continuing Education. Susan’s training includes a Bachelor of Music with a major in Performance (Piano) and Musicology, a Master of Music Studies (Studio Pedagogy), a Bachelor of Arts (Communications), and an A.Mus.A in Musicianship. Susan is an Accredited Member of the Music Teachers’ Association of NSW.
Subscribe to Susan’s mailing list to hear about future events for music students