Musicianship Grade 6 Resources
Recommended recordings, suggested listening, extra reading and video links
Grade 6 of AMEB Musicianship has set works to study, and explore various aspects of music history. These include the piano music of Chopin, Schumann and Debussy, and chamber music for strings, piano and woodwind. These are some resources to help you with your study.
Resources for Musicianship Grade 6
Set Works: Recommended Recordings
- Schumann: Piano Quintet in E flat major op. 44, 1st movt, Quatuor Schumann and Gyula Stuller, Aeon, 2008
- Chopin: Nocturnes Nos. 1, 2 and 3 op. 15, Vladimir Ashkenazy, Decca, 1997
- Chamber Music: 50 of the Best (same album as in 5th Grade), Naxos, 2011
- Schumann Piano Works, Wilhelm Kempff, Deutsche Grammophon, 2010
- Chopin: Piano Favourites, Idil Biret, Naxos, 1995
- Debussy: Piano Works, Roger Woodward, ABC, 1997
Analysis of Set Works
YouTube Videos: Woodwind Techniques
These videos demonstrate the various woodwind techniques studied in Grade 6.
About Susan Deas
Susan Deas is a professional musician, lecturer and teacher. She has been teaching piano for over twenty years, and her students learn both classical and contemporary styles, including playing by ear and improvisation. Susan also gives professional development workshops and lessons to private music teachers. She performs professionally as a pianist and organist, and lectures in music theory and music appreciation for Sydney University’s Centre for Continuing Education. Susan’s training includes a Bachelor of Music with a major in Performance (Piano) and Musicology, a Master of Music Studies (Studio Pedagogy), a Bachelor of Arts (Communications), and an A.Mus.A in Musicianship. Susan is an Accredited Member of the Music Teachers’ Association of NSW.
Subscribe to Susan’s mailing list to hear about future events for music students